Best people to wear the outfits
Since they cling to every curve and bump of the body you should be very confident when wearing them. The best woman to wear the outfits is the person with an hourglass figure.
An hourglass shaped woman is a lady who has generously proportionate hips and chest, and a well defined waist. When worn correctly, this attire is very flattering.
Who should not wear the outfit
- Pear shaped: this figure is characterized by a small chest and broad hips. The bodycon dress is not ideal for someone with this figure. This is because the clinging material emphasizes the hips thus making the body look unbalanced.
- Apple shaped: an apple shaped woman is a woman with a broad stomach, broad hips and no waist definition. The dress is not ideal for someone with this figure because it gives the lady a round shape that is not pleasing to look at.
- Inverted triangle: this figure is characterized by a large bust, narrow hips, and no waist definition. The figure is not ideal for bodycon dresses because the outfit tends to emphasize the triangular shape of the lady thus giving the illusion of an extra broad upper body.
How to make bodycon dresses work for you
- Go for dark colors: if you feel shy of stepping out in a figure-hugging dress, you should go for attire that has a dark color. In addition to ensuring that you feel confident, the attire also gives you a sexy look. Some of the best colors to go for are black and navy blue.
- Cinch the waist: if you have a little bit of fat that you are not confident about, you should consider cinching the waist in order to look slimmer. Here you only need to find attire with black or navy panel sides.
- Add a layer: if you are feeling too self-conscious you should add on a layer with an oversized jacket or loose-fitting cardigan in order to balance out the look.